The Initial Dental Benefits Collaborative Kickoff Meeting! August 9th, 2013
08/09/2013 - 1:00pm - 3:00pm
The Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Department) is convening a series of stakeholder meetings in response to:
· The passage of SB13-242 by the Colorado General Assembly, which adds preventative dental services for adults to the list of optional services provided under Medicaid; and
· The Department’s desire to resume the Benefits Collaborative discussion of the Children’s Orthodontia benefit; and
· Authorization through Senate Bill 13-230 (the Long Bill) to fund the creation of a Dental Administrative Service Organization (ASO) and the associated reprogramming of the MMIS system to manage dental benefits; and
· The Department’s goal of enhancing the Children’s Medicaid Dental Benefit package.
The purpose of these meetings is to collaboratively consider benefit design and how to effectively administer the above benefits, including service delivery models, cost and client experience.
The initial Dental Benefits Collaborative kick-off meeting will be held:
Friday, August 9, 2013
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
7351 E Lowry Blvd, Denver, CO 80230
Mile High Conference Room
All members of the public are welcome to attend.
- Define the stakeholder role in the development/re-development of each benefit
- Review the benefit design and implementation process, including future Benefits Collaborative meeting dates and the general benefit areas to be discussed at each meeting
- Provide background on authorizing legislation
- Review potential service delivery model
Important Note: Specific benefit services will not be discussed at the initial meeting. However, the Department encourages all those who anticipate participating in later meetings to attend the kick-off.
A recording of each of the Dental Benefit Collaborative Meetings will be made available for those who cannot participate. Further information will be provided in an email after the meeting.
Any and all unanswered questions, and any suggestions made in the meeting, will be logged and posted on the Benefits Collaborative Web site. The Department will update the log to provide:
1) Answers to questions asked; and
2) Description of actions to be taken (in response to suggestions made).
To attend the meeting by telephone:
- You may dial 1 877 820-7831.
- Enter the participant passcode: 423066 then wait to be added to the conference. Please mute your phone when you are not speaking by dialing *6*.
- We request that you do not place your call on hold, otherwise everyone attending the meeting or listening on their phone will hear your “on hold” music. Instead please put your phone on ‘mute.’
Parking and Public Transportation:
Ample free parking is available on all four sides of the COPIC building. Enter the building from the south entrance. RTD bus lines 6 and 73 also stop in front of the south entrance.
Reasonable Accommodations: will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. Please email Kimberley.Smith@state.co.us or call Patricia Connally at 303 866-5929 so that arrangements can be made.
Please forward this invitation to anyone else you think may be interested in participating. We look forward to working with you!