CCDC Advanced Advocacy Training – Service Animals
01/11/2017 - 9:30am - 4:30pm
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (CCDC)
Advanced Disability Training Opportunity
Service Animals and the Law
FOCUS: This training is designed to provide information about the ADA, Fair Housing Act, and the Air Carrier Access Act with regard to service animals and other legally recognized assistance animals. This one-day session is ideal for professionals looking for Continue Education Units, community activists, and other interested individuals. It is available in-person or via remote access.
WHEN: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
10:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
WHERE: The Gill Foundation, 2215 Market St, Denver, CO 80205
(Attendance is also available via remote access)
The Law, Identification, and Compliance and:
· American With Disabilities Act & Service Animals
· Fair Housing Act & Companion and Support Animals: The Law, Identification, and Compliance
· Air Carrier Act & Travel Support Animals: The Law, Identification, and Compliance
· The 2016 Colorado Law & Service Animals: False identification of an animal as a Service Animal
INSTRUCTOR: Kevin Williams, Legal Director - Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about this topic from the expert. There remains much confusion regarding the definition of a Service Animal and when and if the different laws apply. Kevin will help define and clarify the differences as specified by the varied Acts.
Affiliate or Organization:
· $150 per applicant
· $75 for each additional applicant from the same organization.
· $75 without volunteer hours
· Free with a commitment of 10 volunteer hours (over the next 6 months) with CCDC Advocacy Team
Registrants must notify CCDC of a cancellation no later than 24 hours prior to class or a $25 cancellation fee will apply. (Emergency exceptions are decided on a case-by-case basis.)
CCDC Certificate of Completion – Included in registration fee
University of Denver - Continuing Education Unit - 1 unit is $25 (Application and payment must be submitted to CCDC by the registration deadline
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION:
· Classroom attendance (in-person or remote access)
· Passing grade on a content knowledge assessment
· Site visit (location and time determined during class)
Deadline: Thursday, December 22, 2016
· Complete the class registration form (see instructions below)
· Email the completed registration to Sheryle Hutter (CCDC Advocacy Support and Training Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Sheryle will contact you with additional details or request for information (including any registration fee submission, remote access instructions, etc.) upon receiving your application.
CCDC Advanced Advocacy Training is made possible by through partnerships with the following organizations:
· The University of Denver, University College
· The Gill Foundation
· Mile High Connects
A full list of CCDC Sponsors can be found at http://www.ccdconline.org/get-involved/donors/annual-award-sponsors
CCDC is unable to provide reimbursement of mileage, hotel accommodations, long distance charges (long distance charges may be incurred), food, etc. for anyone attending the training.
To download and complete the registration form or download the flyer:
· Click on the document you wish to save (It will open in a new window)
· Right-click the registration form or flyer and choose "save as..."
· To complete the registration form, launch the saved file with Acrobat Reader
· You will be able to complete the form on your computer
(Your typed name will act as your signature)
· Save a copy
To complete the registration process, attach your completed copy in an email to email@example.com.